Thursday 13 June 2013

Post-Pig Dissection

       The most interesting part about the pig dissection, was how closely the interior anatomy resembled the textbook. Every organ was positioned as it was in the drawings, only difference being the scale of these organs. I was shocked at how massive the liver was compared to the other organs. In comparison, the stomach and the other digestive organs were overshadowed by the liver, that also surprisingly resembled the shape seen in pictures. 





Another interesting observation I made on the fetal pig was how closely it resembled its adult counterpart. Prior to the dissection, I was under the assumption that the fetal pig would be more embryonic and primitive - barely resembling the post - birth piglets seen in everyday life. I conclusion, I found the pig dissection to be very enlightening and  surprising as it taught me not only to never make broad assumptions when it comes to science, but it also taught me to see our bodies through a different lens. Through the eyes of a mechanic, an architect, an engineer, and a visionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment